È un ottimo albergo. Ci torneremo.
Ho avuto problemi con il pagamento tramite carta di credito ed infatti ho ricevuto 2 volte (sms) l'avviso di pagamento dalla banca :mi è ...
Unfortunately there was no air conditioning on our floor during our stay. We were offered another room on another floor 3 nights into...
Bel hôtel magnifiquement placé.
Certamente le stelle sono state assegnate il 10 agosto (stelle cadenti). Non lo consiglierei ad un amico se non per la posizione:...
Eine Suite anzubieten und an der Rezeption mitzuteilen, alle Doppelzimmer werden als Suite bezeichnet, ist Verbrauchertäuschung!!
The breakfast buffet of the Albergo San Domenico was fantastic: tremendous, delicious choice, comfortable atmosphere; it was the best...
The San Domenico hotel is an antique religious complex of the 1300’s situated in the historic centre of Urbino in front of the Ducal Palace, and a short distance from Santa Chiara and the most important monuments and museums of the city, as well as the university.
Constructed in the 14th Century, it was restructured and adapted in 2000 to meet the receptive standards of a hotel while conserving and improving the original architectural characteristics.
The antique church with a lunette of Luca della Robbia and magnificent paintings is used as a Convention Centre while the adjoining sixteenth Century convent locale was transformed into comfortable and silent rooms and inviting parlours.
A Refectory is available for guests where they can enjoy typical cuisine specialities, 2 lifts, 24-hour Bar service, a breakfast buffet, a private car park, an interior monumental courtyard (with Roman Cistern), rose garden and magnificent modern art sculptures, Room Service, Smart room and services management, as well as laundry, ironing, and babysitting services upon request.
The hotel has ample, silent rooms with sound absorbing doors and soundproofing frames and feature direct line telephone, autonomous air conditioning, Internet connection, alarm, cable radio, refrigerated mini-bar, satellite colour TV and digital channels, safe-deposit box, and en-suite bathroom with hairdryer and scale.
The Suites have “shiatsu” massage chairs and a teapot.
Rooms available: Single, Twin, Double, Triple, Quadruple, Twin for single occupancy, Twin Suite, Double Suite.
Services included in the price
- 24 Hour Reception Desk
- Air-conditioning in public areas
- Bike Rides
- Currency Exchange
- Daily papers
- Left-luggage Facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Quick Check-In and Check-Out
- Reading lounge
- Safe-deposit box
- Shoe-shining machine
- Sunbathing Area
- TV lounge
- Tour Desk
- Tourist Information Offices
Restaurant and bar
Guests have the opportunity to taste convent specialities and long forgotten recipes in the Refectory as well as in the guest quarters.
Time permitting, exhibitions and receptions can be organised in the cloister where the antique Roman Cistern stands out among other amenities.
A delicious buffet breakfast is served from 07:00 to 10:30 each morning.
Description of Conference and Meeting Facilities
The hotel has conference rooms available for events: the Duca Federico meeting room can comfortably accommodate up to 25 people with an auditorium layout, and the Raffaello meeting room can comfortably accommodate up to 25 people with a round table.
A conference centre is available that can accommodate up to 700 people.
Services available for a fee
- Babysitting Service
- Banquet / Reception Hall
- Beauty Salon / Wellness Center
- Car Hire
- Children’s holiday facilities / Children’s holidays
- City Tours
- Coffee Lounge
- Fax Service
- Golf course
- Group Catering
- Horse Riding
- Internal parking in private garage
- Internet Point
- Internet connection
- Interpreting Services
- Ironing Room
- Laundry Room
- Limousine Service
- Lounge bar
- Medical Service
- Meeting / Conference Equipment Hire
- Motorbike / Scooter Hire
- Packed lunches
- Personal maid
- Pets are Welcome
- Photocopying Service
- Piano Bar
- Receptions / Banquets / Ceremonies
- Small Pets are Welcome
- Snack bar
- Tennis Court
- Transport to/from the Airport
- Transport to/from the Exhibition Center
- Transport to/from the Port
Features of the hotel
- Allergy-Free Rooms
- Bridal Suites
- Business Hotel
- Designer Hotel
- Family Rooms
- Gay Friendly
- Historic building
- Historic residence
- Luxury Hotel
- Place of Worship
- Recently renovated
- Rooms for Non-Smokers
- Rooms for Smokers
- Soundproofed Rooms
- VIP Rooms
- Wheelchair Accessible Environment
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms
Location of the hotel
How to reach the hotel
From the Adriatic A14 motorway, exit at Pesaro. Follow the indications for Urbino along the SS423 Urbinate State Road. Arrive in Urbino and follow the indications for the Centre and for the Albergo San Domenico. The Hotel is located in the full historic centre in the principal piazza of the city in front of the Ducal Palace.
From the Station of Pesaro, on the Bologna – Ancona railway line, there is bus service available to Urbino.
The airports of reference are as follows:
- "Federico Fellini" airport of Rimini - Miramare;
- "Raffaello Sanzio" airport of Ancona - Falconara;
- "Guglielmo Marconi" airport of Bologna.
Nearby points of interest
- Teatro Sanzio 100 m Via Giacomo Matteotti - Urbino
- Tortorina 2.13 km Via Errigo Bernini - Urbino
- Piscina Comunale 1.36 km Viale Pablo Neruda - Urbino
- Palaferro 1.77 km Viale Achille Grandi - Mazzaferro
Car and Travel
- Parcheggio Borgo Marcatale 150 m Borgo Mercatale - Urbino
- Municipio Di Urbino 100 m Via Francesco Puccinotti, 3 - Urbino
- S. Maria Della Misericordia-P.Socc. 1.04 km Circonvallazione Pian Severo - Urbino
- S. Maria Della Misericordia 1.09 km Viale Comandino - Urbino
- Segreterie Università Di Urbino 160 m Via Aurelio Saffi, 2 - Urbino
What to see
- Chiesa Di San Domenico <20 m Piazza Rinascimento - Urbino
- Obelisco Egiziano 50 m Piazza Rinascimento - Urbino
- Duomo 50 m Piazzale Duca Federico - Urbino
- Palazzo Ducale 110 m Piazza Rinascimento, 13 - Urbino
- Chiesa Di San Francesco 240 m Via Raffaello - Urbino
- Chiesa Di San Giovanni 240 m Via Federico Barocci - Urbino
- Fortezza Albornoz 400 m Viale Bruno Buozzi - Urbino
- Monumento A Raffaello 490 m Via Del Popolo - Urbino
- Chiesa Dei Cappuccini 950 m
- Mausoleo Dei Duchi 980 m
- Chiesa Di San Bernardino 980 m
- San Giovanni Battista In Crocicchia 3.03 km
- Casa Natale Di Raffaello 340 m Via Raffaello - Urbino
- Informazione Accoglienza Turistica <20 m Via Francesco Puccinotti, 35 - Urbino
- Aeroporto Di Fano 33.11 km Fano (Pesaro E Urbino)
- Aeroporto Federico Fellini 33.33 km Rimini
- Aeroporto Raffaello Sanzio 59.59 km Falconara Marittima (Ancona)
- Aeroporto Luigi Ridolfi 69.81 km Forlì (Forlì-Cesena)
- Aeroporto San Francesco d'Assisi 71.00 km Perugia
Albergo San Domenico: Reservation Conditions
Check Out: 12:00
Visa, American Express, Euro/Master Card, Bancomat ATM Card, Diners Club, Cash, Carta Si
No cancellation penalties will be charged if notification is given at least 2 days prior to arrival.
In case of cancellations made after this date or no-shows, the first night will be charged to the credit card provided.
No advance payment required; this room will be paid for directly at the hotel.
Note: these are the Standard conditions and may vary according to the season, type of room and rate selected. Please pay close attention to the details of the rate selected when making a reservation.
Additional Hotels Nearby:
via delle Mura 29, Urbino (PU) - 0.4 Km
The Hotel Bonconte is a luxurious 19th century villa reconstructed from a previous Renaissance building that was...
via G. Dini 12, Urbino (PU) - 1.8 Km
The Hotel dei Duchi is located in Urbino in a tranquil area at approximately 800 metres from the ancient city Walls,...
Via Bernini 6, Urbino (PU) - 2.1 Km
Mamiani Hotel is situated in Urbino in a tranquil location just 2 km from the historic center. Immersed in the...