Hotel Borgo in Melone, is situated in the old town of Cortone, an ancient Etruscan settlement in the heart of the Tuscany region.
The hotel is the perfect choice for relaxing holidays as well as for those wanting to discover the artistic cities in the area including Florence, Arezzo, Siena and Perugia.
Borgo il Melone is surrounded by unique landscapes, located near the most beautiful artistic cities in Italy including Florence, Arezzo, Siena and Perugia.
A magical place where guests can enjoy a holiday dedicated to style, elegance, relaxation and the maximum comfort.
The main dwelling was once surrounded by farming accommodation which have today been converted into the modern functional apartments whilst maintaining their original architectural features.
Guests have access to a large garden, a small church, a swimming pool, a relaxation area, a hydromassage tub, a conference room and ample parking.
Borgo Il melone has 12 ample double rooms, all of which feature air conditioning, a colour satellite television, a minibar, a safe, a direct dial telephone, Internet access and an en suite bathroom with a bath a shower and a hairdryer.
The rooms are divided into the following categories:
- Comfort: the smallest rooms with a bathroom with a shower or a bath and a double bed;
- Deluxe: the largest rooms with a bathroom with a shower and a bath and a panoramic view over the park.
There are a variety of apartment types available:
- 2 bedroom: apartment measuring 80 square metres which can sleep a maximum of 6 people, is made up of a lounge with a double sofabed, a well equipped kitchen, a double bedroom and a single bedroom with an extra bed and a bathroom with a shower.
- The 100 square metre apartment can host a maximum of 6 people and is made up of a lounge with a double sofabed, a well equipped kitchen, a double bedroom and a single bedroom with an extra bed, a bathroom with a bath, a second bathroom and a private terrace with a table and chairs.
- 2 bedroom Sup: 180 square metre apartment which can sleep a maximum of 6 people with a dining area and a fireplace, a double sofabed, a kitchen equipped with a dishwasher, a double bedroom, a spacious twin bedroom (can also be set up as a double on request), a bathroom with a shower and a bathroom with a bath.
The apartment has an outdoor area with a table and chairs.
- 165 square metre apartment which can sleep a maximum of 6 people, situated on the first floor with a large lounge with a double sofabed, a kitchen with a dishwasher, an en suite bathroom, a twin room (can be set up as a double room on request) and a bathroom with a bath. On the second floor is the mezzanine with a lounge, a double bedroom which can be set up as a double or a twin and a bathroom with a bath. There is an outdoor area with a table and chairs.
- The 110 square metre apartment can sleep a maximum of 7 people and is made up of a lounge with a double sofabed, a well equipped kitchen, a twin room, a single room, another single room with an extra bed and two bathrooms with a bath.
Rooms available: Single, Twin, Apartment for 4 people, Deluxe Twin.
Services included in the price
- Bicycle Hire
- Bike Rides
- Fax Service
- Internal parking in private garage
- Multilingual staff
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Photocopying Service
- Quick Check-In and Check-Out
- Safe-deposit box
- Tourist Information Offices
Services available for a fee
- Babysitting Service
- Banquet / Reception Hall
- Car Hire
- City Tours
- Daily papers
- Dietetic Cuisine
- Group Catering
- Horse Riding
- Internal undercover parking
- Internet Point
- Internet connection
- Ironing Room
- Laundry Room
- Motorbike / Scooter Hire
- Receptions / Banquets / Ceremonies
- Transport to/from the Airport
- Typical local cuisine
Features of the hotel
- Business Hotel
- Family Rooms
- Gay Friendly
- Historic building
- Historic residence
- Panoramic View
- Recently renovated
- Rooms for Non-Smokers
- Soundproofed Rooms
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms
Location of the hotel
How to reach the hotel
From the A1 Milano-Napoli motorway, take the exit for Valdichiana and then take the SS Siena-Perugia state road and take the exit for Castiglion del Lago.
Turn right towards Arezzo and take the SS71 state road until you reach the town of Camucia where you will find the entrance to the Borgo on the right hand side.
The nearest train stations are Terontola - 11km away and Camucia and Arezzo which are 30 km away.
The nearest airports are:
- Florence Peretola International Airport - 135 km;
- Pisa International Airport - 192 km;
- Rome Fiumicino International Airport - 233 km.
Nearby points of interest
- Centro Commerciale Il Girasole 1.21 km Piazza Sandro Pertini - Camucia
- Centro Ippico El Comanchero 760 m
- Golf Club Cortona 1.02 km
What to see
- Santuario Di Santa Margherita 1.67 km
- Aeroporto San Francesco d'Assisi 47.91 km Perugia
- Aeroporto Di Siena 58.89 km Sovicille (Siena)
- Aeroporto Amerigo Vespucci 85.28 km Florence
- Aeroporto Cesare Baccarini 92.48 km Grosseto
- Aeroporto Federico Fellini 98.15 km Rimini
- Camucia Cortona 1.88 km Piazza Della Libertà - Camucia
Borgo Il Melone: Reservation Conditions
Check Out: 10:00
Visa, American Express, Euro/Master Card, Bancomat ATM Card, Diners Club, Cash, Carta Si, Maestro
No cancellation penalties will be charged if notification is given at least 2 days prior to arrival.
In case of cancellations made after this date or no-shows, the first night will be charged to the credit card provided.
No advance payment required; this room will be paid for directly at the hotel.
Note: these are the Standard conditions and may vary according to the season, type of room and rate selected. Please pay close attention to the details of the rate selected when making a reservation.