It is a very nice hotel but what makes us go back is the delightful friendly and very attentive service. We have stayed at many 5 star...
The Hotel San Giorgio is an elegant hotel in Civitavecchia found in a 19th century building that was completely renovated in 2007 and declared a heritage site.
Guests are welcomed into a spacious lobby with an impressive staircase decorated in classic Victorian style with a characteristic velarium depicting San Giorgio.
From the lobby guests can reach the welcoming licensed bar and Piccadily restaurant, famous for its delicious culinary specialities.
The 41 guest rooms are found on two floors with internal stairwells and are divided into Deluxe rooms (on the first floor) and Superior rooms (on the upper floor).
The hotel also has a modern meeting room, a fully equipped beauty centre, a lovely terrace and a roof garden with a breathtaking panoramic view of the Gulf of Civitavecchia.
Indoor parking under video surveillance is available for a fee.
Small pets are welcome (a small fee applies).
The hotel has Superior and Deluxe rooms, all of which have ADSL internet access, LCD satellite television, Pay Per View, a telephone, a radio, a minibar, a safety deposit box, air conditioning and an en suite bathroom with a bathtub or a shower.
The Deluxe rooms are located on the first floor and are two storeys high. There is a living room and bathroom on the first floor and a bedroom on the upper floor.
The Superior rooms are found on the second floor and are a single storey.
Rooms available: Single, Triple, Quadruple, Superior Twin, Deluxe Twin.
Services included in the price
- 24 Hour Reception Desk
- Air-conditioning in public areas
- Left-luggage Facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Reading lounge
- Safe-deposit box
- TV lounge
- Tourist Information Offices
Restaurant and bar
At Piccadilly restaurant, guests can sample the specialities of local and national cuisine all served by professional and attentive staff.
The prestigious Cantina Privata arranges tastings of wines, cheeses and other local products.
Description of Conference and Meeting Facilities
The conference room is found on the lower floor and can comfortably accommodate up to 150 people sitting down or 250 people standing. This room is wheelchair accessible.
The meeting room has state of the art equipment such as ADSL wireless internet, microphones, a video projector and air conditioning.
Additional services are available upon request.
Services available for a fee
- Babysitting Service
- Banquet / Reception Hall
- Beauty Salon / Wellness Center
- City Tours
- Coffee Lounge
- Daily papers
- Dietetic Cuisine
- Fax Service
- Ferry Ticket Office
- Flight Ticket Office
- Group Catering
- Hairdresser / Hair Stylist
- Hydrofoil Ticket Office
- Internal parking in private garage
- International Cuisine
- Internet Point
- Internet connection
- Interpreting Services
- Ironing Room
- Laundry Room
- Limousine Service
- Lounge bar
- Medical Service
- Meeting / Conference Equipment Hire
- Photocopying Service
- Piano Bar
- Private Beach
- Receptions / Banquets / Ceremonies
- Small Pets are Welcome
- Snack bar
- Transport to/from the Airport
- Transport to/from the Exhibition Center
- Transport to/from the Port
- Typical local cuisine
Features of the hotel
- Business Hotel
- Family Rooms
- Historic building
- Historic residence
- Panoramic View
- Recently renovated
- Rooms for Non-Smokers
- Rooms for Smokers
- Sea Front
- Soundproofed Rooms
- Wheelchair Accessible Environment
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms
Location of the hotel
How to reach the hotel
From the A12 Civitavecchia - Genova motorway, take the exit for Civitavecchia Sud. Continue towards "Centro Città" following the coastal road; the hotel is 300 metres away, on the right after the train station.
From Civitavecchia train station, turn right and continue for 300 metres until you reach number 34, Viale Garibaldi.
From Rome - Fiumicino International Airport, take the "Leonardo Express" train to Rome's Termini train station.
From Rome - Ciampino International Airport, take the shuttle bus to Termini train station.
From Termini station, take either a regional or Intercity FR5 train (towards Grosseto) and alight at Civitavecchia.
The port of Civitavecchia has connections with Sardinia (Arbatax, Golfo Aranci, Olbia and Porto Torres), Sicily (Palermo, Catania and Trapani) and with the so called "sea motorways" which connect places like Barcelona, Tunis, Toulon, Malta (Valletta) and Corsica (Porto Vecchio).
Nearby points of interest
- Galleria 290 m Galleria Garibaldi, 20 - Civitavecchia
- Royal 560 m Piazza Regina Margherita, 7 - Civitavecchia
Car and Travel
- Hertz 90 m Viale Della Repubblica, 10 - Civitavecchia
- Europcar 480 m Ss1 - Civitavecchia
- Sixt (Civitavecchia) 540 m Ss1 , 10 - Civitavecchia
- Avis 970 m Ss1 , 6 - Civitavecchia
- Comune Di Civitavecchia 320 m Piazza Pietro Guglielmotti, 7 - Civitavecchia
- Civile San Paolo 1.55 km Largo Donatori Del Sangue - Civitavecchia
- Civile San Paolo-Pronto Soccorso 1.58 km Largo Donatori Del Sangue - Civitavecchia
- Polo Universitario Di Civitavecchia 3.43 km Strada Delle Boccelle, 1 - Marangone
What to see
- Forte Michelangelo 530 m Calata Cesare Laurenti - Civitavecchia
- Darsena Romana 940 m Calata Principe Tommaso - Civitavecchia
- Museo Nazionale Archeologico 480 m Ss1 , 1 - Civitavecchia
- I.A.T. Civitavecchia 190 m Ss1 , 42 - Civitavecchia
- Aeroporto Leonardo Da Vinci 51.35 km Fiumicino (Rome)
- Aeroporto Roma Ciampino 73.31 km Rome
- Aeroporto Cesare Baccarini 95.45 km Grosseto
- Civitavecchia 30 m Viale Della Repubblica, 24 - Civitavecchia
- Civitavecchia 730 m Calata Principe Tommaso - Civitavecchia
- Riva Di Traiano 3.05 km
Hotel San Giorgio: Reservation Conditions
Check Out: 10:00
Visa, American Express, Euro/Master Card, Bancomat ATM Card, Cash, Carta Si, Maestro
No cancellation penalties will be charged if notification is given at least 2 days prior to arrival.
In case of cancellations made after this date or no-shows, the first night will be charged to the credit card provided.
No advance payment required; this room will be paid for directly at the hotel.
Note: these are the Standard conditions and may vary according to the season, type of room and rate selected. Please pay close attention to the details of the rate selected when making a reservation.