The staff was friendly and very gracious. Breakfast could be improved to accommodate wider international tastes.
Es un hotel encantador, con una atención fantástica. Se adaptan a los horarios de los huéspedes, y hacen la estancia comodísima a la pa...
Le seul reproche concernent le fait que pendant mon séjour il n'y avait pas de vélos disponibles. C'était également un facteur dét...
Great restaurant, and wonderful owners. In answer to the 2nd question, we found it in a book, and it was close to the Milan airport
The Locanda dei Mai Intees in Azzate is found in a small 15th century medieval village that overlooks Lake Varese with a breathtaking view of the Monte Rosa Massif and the Lombard Prealps.
Converted by the owner Carlotta Pomati and her son Paolo Crosta into a charming 4-star hotel equipped with every comfort, the original fascination of the tower, the courtyard with a well and veranda, the dining room with original XV century frescoes and the 16th century fireplace has been kept in tact.
One of the highlights of the resort is the lounge on the veranda with comfortable sofas and arm chairs, beautiful lamps, a cast iron wood-burning stove and large windows that overlook the fairy-tale atmosphere created by the garden.
The 19th century lounge has an old piano, and is an ideal place to meet friends for an evening of live music. Past guests have included Romano Mussolini, Renato Sellani and the masters of La Scala Theatre in Milan.
Some of the guest rooms still have authentic furnishings from the main bedrooms, while others were recently decorated and have a raised area, oak beams and durmast wooden floors.
All of the guest rooms have air conditioning, satellite colour television, a direct dial telephone, an internet outlet, and an en suite bathroom with a massage bathtub or shower.
Rooms available: Double, Twin for single occupancy, Superior Double, Superior Twin for Single Occupancy, Double Junior Suite, Twin Junior Suite for Single Occupancy.
Services included in the price
- Air-conditioning in public areas
- Banquet / Reception Hall
- Internal parking in private garage
- Left-luggage Facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Quick Check-In and Check-Out
- Reading lounge
- Safe-deposit box
- TV lounge
- Tourist Information Offices
Restaurant and bar
The restaurant has several rooms, including one with a 16th century fireplace, and serves cuisine introduced by Gualtiero Marchesi. The menu is light, elegant and includes traditional regional and international dishes that are carefully prepared using fresh, seasonal produce and accompanied by an excellent selection of fine wine.
The Privè is available for a private romantic meal, while the dining rooms are ideal for hosting a wedding, baptism or anniversary.
The breakfast room is very charming and is located in what was once the stable, serving a delicious breakfast of home made items each morning.
The small and intimate bar is made entirely of wood and is found in what was once the post office.
Description of Conference and Meeting Facilities
A private room is available measuring 60 square metres with a fireplace and large glass windows that overlook the patio. It is perfectly suited for hosting business meetings, and is equipped with video conference facilities and WiFi internet access.
Coffee breaks and business lunches can also be prepared by the hotel restaurant, run by our expert chef.
Services available for a fee
- Babysitting Service
- Beauty Salon / Wellness Center
- Bicycle Hire
- Bike Rides
- City Tours
- Coffee Lounge
- Daily papers
- Dietetic Cuisine
- Fax Service
- Group Catering
- Horse Riding
- International Cuisine
- Internet Point
- Internet connection
- Interpreting Services
- Ironing Room
- Laundry Room
- Limousine Service
- Lounge bar
- Medical Service
- Meeting / Conference Equipment Hire
- Pets are Welcome
- Photocopying Service
- Piano Bar
- Receptions / Banquets / Ceremonies
- Small Pets are Welcome
- Snack bar
- Transport to/from the Airport
- Transport to/from the Exhibition Center
- Typical local cuisine
Features of the hotel
- Bridal Suites
- Business Hotel
- Family Rooms
- Gay Friendly
- Historic building
- Historic residence
- Luxury Hotel
- Recently renovated
- Rooms for Non-Smokers
- Rooms for Smokers
- Soundproofed Rooms
- VIP Rooms
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms
Location of the hotel
How to reach the hotel
From Milan and Lugano, take the A8 Autostrada dei Laghi motorway to the Azzate exit. Follow the directions for Centro, then for Municipio.
From Milan Central Station, take the MM2 underground line (the green line) towards Abbiategrasso and get off at the Porta Garibaldi Stazione FFSS stop, or at the Cadorna Stazione FN stop. Take the train to Varese (FFSS) or Varese Nord (FN).
From the Varese railway station, take the number 15 bus.
The local airport is Milan Malpensa International Airport. From the airport, take the Malpensa Express train to Saronno, and from here, take the Ferrovie Nord train to Varese.
From Milan Linate International Airport, take the number 73 bus to the San Babila stop. Take the MM1 underground line (the red line) to the Cadorna station and take a Ferrovie Nord train to Varese.
Nearby points of interest
- Centro Commerciale Daverio 2.74 km Via Dell'Industria, 1 - Daverio
- Le Corti 4.58 km Piazza Della Repubblica - Varese
- Impero 4.62 km Via Giuseppe Bernascone, 13 - Varese
- Vittoria 4.78 km Via Giovanni Bagaini, 10 - Varese
- Politeama 4.82 km Piazza Xx Settembre, 4 - Varese
- Vela 4.99 km Ss394 , 105 - Varese
- Teatro Di Varese 4.52 km Piazza Della Repubblica - Varese
- Scuderie Sceree 4.22 km
- Aeroporto Di Calcinate Del Pesce 3.63 km
- Municipio Di Azzate 110 m Via C. Benizzi Castellani, 1 - Azzate
- Municipio Di Galliate Lombardo 1.89 km Via Carletto Ferrari, 14 - Galliate Lombardo
- Municipio Di Varese 4.70 km Ss394 , 5 - Varese
- Municipio Di Lozza 4.88 km Piazza Roma, 1 - Lozza
- Circolo Fondazione Macchi 4.41 km Strada Statale Varesina, 57 - Varese
- Circolo Fondaz. Macchi-P. Soccorso 4.58 km Via Francesco Guicciardini - Varese
- Circolo Fondazione Macchi 4.73 km Via Lazio - Varese
- Univ. Insubria/Scienze Mm. Ff. Nn. 4.38 km Via Jean Henry Dunant, 3 - Varese
- Università Dell'Insubria/Medicina 4.45 km Piazzale Domenico Bulferetti, 9 - Varese
- Università Degli Studi Insubria 4.47 km Via Ravasi, 2 - Varese
What to see
- Chiesa Di San Lorenzo Al Castello 760 m Via Castello - Azzate
- Santuario Madonnina Del Lago 1.25 km
- Villa Mirabello 4.46 km Piazza Motta, 4 - Varese
- Chiesa Di San Giuseppe 4.69 km Piazza San Giuseppe - Varese
- Palazzo Estense 4.70 km Ss394 , 5 - Varese
- Campanile Del Bernascone 4.80 km Piazza Battistero - Varese
- Battistero Di San Giovanni 4.80 km Piazza Battistero - Varese
- Basilica Di San Vittore 4.81 km Piazza San Vittore, 7 - Varese
- Palazzo Conti Castiglioni 4.83 km Piazza Monte Grappa, 31 - Lozza
- Chiesa Di Sant'Antonio Martire 4.83 km Piazza Monte Grappa - Lozza
- Casa Contadina 4.84 km Vicolo Ronco - Lozza
- Casa De Vincenti-Speroni 4.85 km Piazza Monte Grappa, 3 - Lozza
- Musei Civici 4.46 km Piazza Motta, 4 - Varese
- Iat 4.59 km Via Carrobbio, 2 - Varese
- Aeroporto di Malpensa 18.66 km Ferno (Varese)
- Aeroporto Di Linate 51.68 km Segrate (Milan)
- Aeroporto Di Orio Al Serio 71.67 km Orio Al Serio (Bergamo)
- Gazzada Schianno Morazzone 2.32 km Piazza Don Angelo Stoppani - Gazzada
- Varese Casbeno 3.95 km Via Francesco Daverio - Varese
- Castronno 4.20 km Via Stazione - Castronno
- Varese 4.84 km Piazzale Trieste, 1 - Varese
Locanda dei Mai Intees: Reservation Conditions
Check Out: 11:00
Visa, American Express, Euro/Master Card, Bancomat ATM Card, Cash, Carta Si, Maestro Note: this hotel does not accept reservations made by pre-paid / rechargeable credit cards.
No cancellation penalties will be charged if notification is given at least 2 days prior to arrival.
In case of cancellations made after this date or no-shows, the first night will be charged to the credit card provided.
No advance payment required; this room will be paid for directly at the hotel.
Note: these are the Standard conditions and may vary according to the season, type of room and rate selected. Please pay close attention to the details of the rate selected when making a reservation.
Additional Hotels Nearby:
Via San Rocco 29, Vergiate (VA) - 10.1 Km
The completely renovated Green Hotel Motel of Vergiate is a modern and richly equipped 4 star hotel found in an...
Via Sempione 69, Casorate Sempione (VA) - 12.5 Km
Sempione Hotel is located in Casorate Sempione, in the province of Varese, in an excellent position both for leisure...
viale G. Borghi 28, Comerio (VA) - 8.3 Km
The Hotel Bel Sit is located in an enviable position, just a few kilometres away from Varese, "Campo dei Fiori"...