Ho regalato al mio ragazzo una notte in suite e la consiglierei a chiunque volesse andare. Un ottimo a tutto, dalla pulizia al personale.
We loved our stay and everyone was very helpful and friendly. A beautiful town with the added charm of this hotel. The Schwab's
The Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Wellness & Relais is located in the southern part of Tuscany in San Quirico d'Orcia, in a 15th century building situated in the historic centre of this enchanting medieval village.
After an attentive renovation, the building was turned into a charming hotel in which modern comforts are skilfully blended with the fascination and charm of a historic residence.
The old stable with its vaulted ceilings was adapted into a meeting place with a corner Bar and a large fireplace. In the vegetable-plant garden, the lavender bushes and aromatic herbs diffuse a delicate fragrance that enhances relaxing strolls under the shade of the pergola, which is heavy with vines, and among the olive and fruit trees.
On the ground floor, guests can relax in the Salone dello Zodiaco room, which leads to to the La Grotta di Venere Spa. The spa offers a hot tub, steam bath, showers, and wellness treatments in complete privacy.
The charming old cellar of the building currently houses some of the most famous Tuscan wines, which range from the Brunello di Montalcino to the Nobile di Montepulciano, from the Chianti Classico to the local Orcia d.o.c.
Al Vecchio Forno restaurant is located just a short distance away from the hotel, and offers guests the chance to savour authentic Tuscan dishes.
Guests are provided with inviting and comfortable rooms with air conditioning / heating, satellite colour TV, a telephone, a safety deposit box, and en suite bathroom with a shower.
There is an off-site swimming pool that can be reached by shuttle service.
The hotel has various types of rooms that are able to meet any needs our guests may have:
- Superior Double Rooms are decorated in Tuscan style with antique furnishings, terracotta flooring, ceilings adorned with beautiful exposed wood beams, a double bed and an en suite bathroom with a large crystal shower.
- Junior Suites have a double canopy bed and a charming view of the streets of the city centre. Some have a spacious loft used as a living room. The Junior Suites feature en suite bathrooms with a large crystal shower.
- The Suites are very spacious and romantic; they feature a fireplace and a sofa in the living area and a canopy bed in the bedroom. They are decorated with period furnishings and have a spacious en suite bathroom with a large shower cabinet or massage bathtub.
- Benessere Suites have a fireplace, a plasma television, a minibar, and an en suite travertine bathroom with a shower, a massage bathtub and a chromotherapy colour scheme.
Rooms available: Superior Double, Superior Twin for Single Occupancy, Double Junior Suite, Double Suite.
Services included in the price
- 24 Hour Reception Desk
- Air-conditioning in public areas
- Daily papers
- Fax Service
- Ferry Ticket Office
- Hydrofoil Ticket Office
- Internet Point
- Internet connection
- Interpreting Services
- Left-luggage Facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Photocopying Service
- Quick Check-In and Check-Out
- Reading lounge
- Safe-deposit box
- Small Pets are Welcome
- Sunbathing Area
- Tour Desk
- Tourist Information Offices
Restaurant and bar
Breakfast is served in the antique stable with its vaulted ceilings and in front of a large lighted fire. In the summer, one can relax in the large vegetable – plant garden and take advantage of the small terrace bar.
The "Al Vecchio Forno" Restaurant is located at a short distance from the Relais, and proposes antique recipes and specialities of the typical Tuscan cuisine accompanied by the impressive regional wines that are conserved in the centuries old cellar.
Services available for a fee
- Babysitting Service
- Banquet / Reception Hall
- Beauty Salon / Wellness Center
- Bicycle Hire
- Bike Rides
- Car Hire
- City Tours
- Coffee Lounge
- Golf course
- Group Catering
- Horse Riding
- Hotel outdoor parking
- Internal undercover parking
- Ironing Room
- Laundry Room
- Medical Service
- Meeting / Conference Equipment Hire
- Motorbike / Scooter Hire
- Outside non discounted parking
- Packed lunches
- Receptions / Banquets / Ceremonies
- SPA / Spa Center
- Snack bar
- Souvenir / Gift Shops
- Spa pool
- Tennis Court
- Transport to/from the Airport
- Transport to/from the Beach
- Transport to/from the Exhibition Center
- Transport to/from the Port
- Turkish Baths
- Typical local cuisine
Features of the hotel
- Bridal Suites
- Family Rooms
- Gay Friendly
- Historic building
- Historic residence
- Luxury Hotel
- Panoramic View
- Recently renovated
- Rooms for Non-Smokers
- Rooms for Smokers
- VIP Rooms
Location of the hotel
How to reach the hotel
From the North:
From the Sole A1 motorway, exit at Firenze - Certosa. Continue along the Firenze – Siena highway and arrive in Siena, take the junction for Siena Sud. Merge onto the SS2 Cassia and follow the indications for Monteroni d’Arbia - Buonconvento, until San Quirico d’Orcia.
As an alternative:
From the Sole A1 motorway, exit at Bettolle - Val di Chiana. Continue by following the indications for Torrita di Siena, and Pienza. Pass through Pienza and continue in the direction of San Quirico d’Orcia
From the South:
From the Sole A1 motorway, exit at Chiusi - Chianciano Terme. Continue in the direction of Chianciano Terme – Siena until the junction for Sarteano. Immediately after the junction for Sarteano, follow the indications for Siena, Bagno Vignoni and finally for San Quirico d’Orcia.
The airports of reference are as follows:
- "Amerigo Vespucci" airport of Florence;
- "Galileo Galilei" airport of Pisa.
Nearby points of interest
What to see
- Terme Piscina Val Di Luce 3.87 km Via Del Colle - Bagno Vignoni
- Aeroporto Di Siena 36.25 km Sovicille (Siena)
- Aeroporto Cesare Baccarini 53.91 km Grosseto
- Aeroporto San Francesco d'Assisi 73.53 km Perugia
- Aeroporto Amerigo Vespucci 88.64 km Florence
Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Wellness & Relais: Reservation Conditions
Check Out: 12:00
Visa, Euro/Master Card, Bancomat ATM Card, Cash, Carta Si
No cancellation penalties will be charged if notification is given at least 2 days prior to arrival.
In case of cancellations made after this date or no-shows, the first night will be charged to the credit card provided.
No advance payment required; this room will be paid for directly at the hotel.
Note: these are the Standard conditions and may vary according to the season, type of room and rate selected. Please pay close attention to the details of the rate selected when making a reservation.
Additional Hotels Nearby:
Via Santa Caterina 43, San Quirico D'Orcia (SI) - 0.6 Km
L’Hotel Palazzuolo è situato a San Quirico d’Orcia e fa parte di un’azienda agricola di circa 500 ettari. La sua spl...
Contrada Podere Osteria 15, Bagno Vignoni (SI) - 4.2 Km
Hotel Osteria dell'Orcia is an elegant, 4 star hotel situated in Castiglione d'Orcia, set in a restored 17th century...
Via Campotondo 3, Castiglione D'orcia (SI) - 13.5 Km
I Tre Rioni è la scelta ideale per un soggiorno indimenticabile in Toscana, nel suggestivo borgo medievale di ...