The Sant'Angelo Luxury Resort is a resort located in Matera in the charming rocky countryside of Sassi.
An excellent location for a unique and memorable vacation, it consists of a group of historic residences with the typical shape of a casa grotta, characterised inside by a fascinating mix of old and new.
The magic of the past brings about an atmosphere of welcoming hospitality, while the services offered are able to meet any needs our guests may have.
Guests can stay in comfortable accommodation that has been elegantly decorated and equipped with every comfort.
The restaurant and bar provide a pleasant area to relax and unwind in good company.
The Sant'Angelo Luxury Resort has 21 historic residences, in which the décor of the rooms has stayed loyal to the original design.
Laid out in a typical neighbourhood pattern or distributed on various levels and connected by stairs and balconies, these buildings respect the structural characteristics of Sassi subterranean houses, with the front made of tuff brick and the back dug into the rock.
All of the rooms have a breathtaking panoramic view and are found in a convenient location close to the main tourist and cultural sites of the city.
The accurate restoration and proper remodelling of the pre-existing residential units, the extensive range of state of the art technological equipment, and the complimentary common services available make the Hotel Sant'Angelo a superior hotel.
Available facilities: satellite colour television, a telephone, internet access, a minibar, a safety deposit box, air conditioning and an en suite bathroom.
Rooms available: Twin, Double, Triple, Quadruple, Twin for single occupancy, Double Suite.
Services included in the price
- 24 Hour Reception Desk
- Air-conditioning in public areas
- Daily papers
- Left-luggage Facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Quick Check-In and Check-Out
- Safe-deposit box
- Small Pets are Welcome
- Tourist Information Offices
Restaurant and bar
The restaurant of the Sant'Angelo Luxury Resort offers typical specialities of local gastronomic tradition based on historic, timeless flavours and aromas.
The panoramic terrace provides a charming view of the characteristic ravines of Murgia Materana.
The bar provides a spacious area where guests can relax and unwind while listening to soft background music.
Description of Conference and Meeting Facilities
The Sant'Angelo Luxury Resort has a spacious hall where conferences, conventions, meetings and ceremonies can be organised.
Services available for a fee
- Banquet / Reception Hall
- Bicycle Hire
- Car Collection and Delivery Service
- Car Hire
- City Tours
- Coffee Lounge
- Dietetic Cuisine
- Fax Service
- Group Catering
- Internal parking in private garage
- Ironing Room
- Laundry Room
- Motorbike / Scooter Hire
- Personal maid
- Photocopying Service
- Receptions / Banquets / Ceremonies
- Transport to/from the Airport
- Transport to/from the Exhibition Center
- Typical local cuisine
Features of the hotel
- Bridal Suites
- Business Hotel
- Designer Hotel
- Family Rooms
- Gay Friendly
- Historic building
- Historic residence
- Panoramic View
- Recently renovated
- Rooms for Non-Smokers
- VIP Rooms
Location of the hotel
How to reach the hotel
Take the A14 Adriatica motorway to the Bari Nord exit. Continue along the A3 Salerno - Reggio Calabria motorway to the Sicignano exit. Head along the SS106 Taranto - Reggio Calabria state road until reaching the Metaponto – Matera exit.
Upon reaching Matera, descend through Sassi to reach Piazza San Pietro Caveoso - Madonna dell'Idris. The hotel reception is just a few metres away from the square.
The national railway system does not go directly to Matera. The most convenient options are to head to the nearby stations of Ferrandina Scalo (35km away) or Bari (66km away).
- From the Ferrandina Scalo railway station, take the Ferrovia Apulo Lucana (FAL) railway line.
- From Bari railway station, take the Ferrovia Apulo Lucana (FAL) railway line.
The Autolinee Marino bus lines connect Matera to Milan, Ancona, Bologna, Chianciano, Fiuggi, Naples, Novara, Parma, Reggio Emilia, Sassuolo and Urbino, as well as to numerous cities outside of Italy.
The Autolinee Marozzi and Liscio bus lines connect the city to Rome, Florence, Pisa and Siena with two trips each day and one at night.
The local airport is Bari Palese Airport, located around 60km away from the hotel.
Nearby points of interest
- Il Circo 3.37 km Via Enrico Mattei - Matera
- Comunale 430 m Piazza Vittorio Veneto - Matera
- Duni 640 m Via Lucana, 10 - Matera
- Athletic Club 1.92 km Via Francesco E Natale Farina, 2 - Matera
- Palasassi 1.17 km Viale Delle Nazioni Unite - Matera
- Stadio Xxi Settembre 1.30 km Via Sicilia - Matera
- Campo Scuola Raffaele Duni 1.45 km Viale Delle Nazioni Unite - Matera
- Kartracing 2.07 km
- Andrea Fortunato (Calcio) 4.47 km
Car and Travel
- Avis 530 m Recinto Venti Settembre , 8 - Matera
- Parcheggio Dei Sassi 250 m Via Lucana - Matera
- Municipio Di Matera 970 m Via Pietro Nenni, 1 - Matera
- Madonna Delle Grazie 1.09 km Contrada Madonna Delle Grazie - Matera
- Madonna Delle Grazie-P. Soccorso 1.17 km Contrada Madonna Delle Grazie - Matera
- Conservatorio Statale E.R. Duni 180 m Piazza Del Sedile, 2 - Matera
What to see
- Santa Maria Idris 100 m Via Madonna Dell'Idris - Matera
- San Pietro Caveoso 130 m Piazza San Pietro - Matera
- Chiesa Del Purgatorio 150 m Via Domenico Ridola - Matera
- Chiesa Santa Lucia Alle Malve 160 m Rione Malve - Matera
- Chiesa Di San Francesco 230 m Piazza San Francesco - Matera
- Duomo Di Matera 290 m Piazza Duomo - Matera
- San Giovanni Battista 460 m Via San Biagio - Matera
- Castello 710 m Via Castello - Matera
- Museo Di Arte Medievale E Moderna 100 m Calata Domenico Ridola, 1 - Matera
- Museo Nazionale Domenico Ridola 110 m Vico Purgatorio, 24 - Matera
- Museo Della Civiltà Contadina 380 m Via San Giovanni Vecchio, 60 - Matera
- Sassi Di Matera 190 m Via Domenico Ridola - Matera
- Apt Di Matera 680 m Via De Viti De Marco, 9 - Matera
- Aeroporto Di Bari Palese 54.37 km Bari
- Matera Sud 690 m Via Delle Tamerici - Matera
- Matera Centrale 870 m Viale Aldo Moro - Matera
- Matera-Villa Longo 2.47 km Via Nazionale - Matera
- Matera-Serra Rifusa 3.08 km Contrada Sparacartucce - Matera
Sant'Angelo Luxury Resort: Reservation Conditions
Check Out: 11:00
Visa, American Express, Euro/Master Card, Bancomat ATM Card, Diners Club, Cash, Maestro Note: this hotel does not accept reservations made by pre-paid / rechargeable credit cards.
No cancellation penalties will be charged if notification is given at least 2 days prior to arrival.
In case of cancellations made after this date or no-shows, the first night will be charged to the credit card provided.
No advance payment required; this room will be paid for directly at the hotel.
Note: these are the Standard conditions and may vary according to the season, type of room and rate selected. Please pay close attention to the details of the rate selected when making a reservation.
Additional Hotels Nearby:
Via Civita 28, Matera - 0.4 Km
Sextantio Le Grotte della Civita, sorge nei Sassi di Matera come un progetto ricettivo nato per proporre...
Via Roma 15, Matera - 0.6 Km
L'Hotel San Domenico al Piano è situato nel centro storico di Matera, a 50 mt dalla centrale Piana Vittorio ...